Magellan develops and distributes vehicle navigation, crossover GPS, and outdoor handheld navigation products. The Company also produces customized mapping software for topographic, marine, and street navigation.
Current GPS products as of 2016 include:
- The Magellan RoadMate and Magellan Maestro series of portable car navigation systems
- The Magellan CrossoverGPS for automobile and handheld navigation
- The Magellan eXplorist and Magellan Triton series of outdoor handheld navigation devices
- The Hertz NeverLost car navigation system
- The Magellan TRX Off-Road navigation systems
Magellan Road Mate 5375T-LMB
Simply put, the Magellan Road Mate 5375T-LMB is a good, but not great entrant into the mid-range GPS field. Its Bluetooth capability, 3D maps, and clear metropolitan navigation give it the makings of a standout product, but poor POI functions and lack of voice control are shortcomings too big to ignore.
That said, with its competitive price point, you should have no problem finding great deals online. If you can manage to knock off a few dollars, the Road Mate is definitely worth a shot.
- Clear directions and traffic assist in the city
- Clean 3D renderings
- Free lifetime map and traffic updates for the U.S. and Canada
- Bluetooth compatibility turns the Road Mate into a speakerphone
- No voice control
- GPS doesn’t perform perfectly in rural areas
- Point-of-interest searches could be better
Magellan Road Mate 6230-LM
One final consideration is that the Road Mate 6230-LM is compatible with Magellan’s $150 wireless backup cameras. If you don’t have one already installed, we highly recommend it to prevent back over accidents, which injure hundreds of children in the U.S. every year, according to safety advocates at Kids and Cars.
- Reliable maps and directions
- Built-in DashCam
- Getting the best video angle can be tricky
- Online support and software needs updating
There is no doubt about it: Smart watches are coming. For runners and cyclists living in Apple’s iOS ecosystem, the Magellan Echo is a solid option that covers both bases. It would even work well for hiking. However, the watch’s susceptibility to water and lack of functions when it’s not paired relegated it to an occasional-use watch for us. That might not be a problem if you only intend to use it for exercise, but for the price we would expect it to serve both roles. Otherwise, the watch does exactly what it was designed to do and does it well. If it had a few more basic functions, we’d probably wear it all the time.
- Great battery life
- Good looking
- Light and comfortable
- Feels very plasticky
- Not waterproof
- No alarm or stopwatch
- Can’t check the date and time while connected to a Smartphone
Map Upgrades Support
Map Upgrades: Upgrade your Magellan RoadMate GPS navigation device with up-to-date details on new or changed roadways (including local streets, major roads, freeways, and highways), updates to communities, new or updated points of interest (POI) including businesses, restaurants, stores, and more.
Magellan GPS Navigation doesn’t have a phone number. Like a growing number of companies with free web-based services, you have to search forums and support sites for help. But you can get an instant customer support by calling us at our customer service phone number USA +1-877-221-9437 UK + 44 330-808-3896 Toll Free.
Magellan GPS Navigation Phone number, Magellan GPS Navigation contact number, Magellan GPS Navigation customer service number, Magellan GPS Navigation customer support phone number