Volaris, legally Concesionaria Vuela Compañía de Aviación, S.A.B. de C.V. , is a Mexican low-cost airline based in Santa Fe, Álvaro Obregón, Mexico City with its hub in Guadalajara, Mexico City, and Tijuana, and focus cities in Cancun, Los Angeles, and Monterrey. It is the country’s second largest airline after Aeroméxico and serves domestic and international destinations within the Americas. It is a leading competitor in the Mexican domestic airline market, with a market share of over 21% of domestic traffic.
Volaris took off in 2003 when Discovery Americas I and Columbia Equity Partners investment funds joined forces with TACA Airlines to integrate a new Mexican ultra low-cost airline that would offer the experience of flying to a larger number of Mexicans. We sailed the sky for the first time on March 13, 2006 with an inaugural Toluca – Tijuana flight. On July 12 of the same year, the World Bank, through its financial arm in Latin America, awarded us funding of $40 million, which in turn consolidated investment of $130 million.
Currently, our ownership structure is comprised of a diverse group of Mexican and foreign partners, as well as a public portion where our filial Controladora Vuela Compañía de Aviación, S.A.B. de C.V. is listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “VOLAR” and on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “VLRS”. We have the youngest aircraft fleet in Mexico, with an average age of 4 years. On October 30, 2014, our fleet consisted of 68 Airbus A319s, A320s and A320 Neo. Currently we have flights to Mexico and the United States.
Volaris fly to more than 60 cities in Mexico, the United States, Costa Rica, Guatemala, El Salvador and Puerto Rico. We offer more than 200 daily flights on routes connecting cities in Mexico and cities in the United States.
Founded: August 2005
Note:- Pros and cons are based on customer reviews and comments.
- Good Cabin staff service
- Good Ground staff service
- Cheap and low cost airline
- flight attendants are very nice and friendly
- “Punctual, with no hidden charges.
- Check-in and Boarding
- NO Wifi & Connectivity
- Seats are not comfortable.
- Food & Beverages are not so good
- Least Inflight Entertainment
- Legroom is not available
- Overcharging for changing flights
There are many options. Choose the seat you prefer:
- First row: Be first to get off the plane.
- Extra Space – Emergency exit seat: The best seats on the plane to stretch your legs during your flight.
- Front: Most wanted, enjoy to be part of the first ones to get off the plane, from the second row up to the last row before the first Emergency Exit
- Regular: Cheapest options to select your favorite in the first back section of the plane
- Back: Cheapest options to select your favorite in the second back section of the plane
- Extra Space: Enjoy your flight with more leg room and be part of the first ones to get off the plane. Exclusive seats from Airbus 321, from row 2 to 4.